Painting in Acrylics
Starting: 13th September 2019
Time: 1.00 – 3.00 pm
Produce a contemporary self-portrait in acrylic paint
Have you thought about doing a selfportrait but found a traditional approach a daunting challenge?
If so, or you’d just like to have some fun with acrylics then why not try this contemporary selfportrait workshop.
All you need to bring is a head and shoulders photo of yourself on an A4 page. The tools and materials will be supplied.
What you will learn:
• Colour choices and preparing your background
• Tracing the main elements of your face
• Creating template masks to build up the art
• Mixing colours and applying them to the board
• Adding details to enhance your piece
• Deciding when is enough and where to stop
You will be able to take away what we’ve explored, and apply that in the creation of other portraits The course is suitable for beginners. No prior knowledge is necessary.
How will my progress be recorded?
Your tutor will work with you to assist in the completion of an Individual Learning Plan. This is a flexible working document agreed between the learner and the tutor. It will be used to record your progress and it will be reviewed and updated within the duration of the course.