Business BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
This two-year National Extended Diploma qualification provides the opportunity to study Business as a practical subject, which draws on both theory, and business case studies to develop awareness and understanding of the business environment.
Under the new BTEC framework, your work will be assessed in a variety of ways both internally and externally. This includes some units, which will be assessed by coursework, examination or by controlled assessment focussing on a pre-release scenario.
Over the two years, you will be studying a variety of topics, which may include: Exploring Business, Developing a Marketing Campaign, Personal & Business Finance, Recruitment and Selection, English Legal System, Employment Law and Market Research. We will explore these topics in the classroom, enhanced by trips, visits and guest speakers.
This is an excellent course leading to a wide range of career opportunities including: Accountancy, Marketing, Human Resources, Administration and Retail. It also provides an excellent course for entry to University.
Minimum entry requirements:
Five GCSEs at Level 4 and above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
This subject is a equivalent to 3 A-Levels
• Visits to local industries, Bank of England and Thorpe Park
• Possibly a visit abroad
• Carrying out calculations
• Interpreting and analysing data
• Applying knowledge
• Developing arguments and making judgements
• Identifying problems and proposing solutions
Likely next step opportunities:
• Higher Education for degree/HND courses in a wide variety of business and economics degrees or you could specialise in an area you enjoy eg accounting, finance, marketing, human resources
• Business or Economics degree combined with another subject
A mixture of coursework, examinations and controlled assessment