Information Technology, Games and Enterprise Level 2
This OCR Level 2 qualification is designed to provide specialist work-related qualifications in a range of sectors. They give learners the knowledge, understanding and skills that they need to prepare for employment. The qualifications also provide career development opportunities for those already in work.
This is a practical, work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. It introduces you to the IT sector and provides a good basis to progress on to more advanced work-related qualifications.
The course will appeal to you if you:
• Have a keen interest in Information Technology
• Like the opportunity to carry out practical work on a computer, as well as theoretical elements of IT
• Enjoy finding your own answers – not just being taught
• Enjoy developing your personal skills and qualities
• Enjoy studying a subject that is relevant to your own life and experiences
This course is made up of seven units.
The compulsory units are:
• Communicating in the IT industry
Optional units include the following areas of study:
• Developing Computer Games and Digital Animation
Minimum entry requirements:
• Five GCSEs at minimum Level 2 to take this course, preferably a Level 3 or above for English GCSE.
If you have yet to gain a Level 4 in GCSE English and Maths this subject can be combined with either GCSE English or Functional Skills English and/or GCSE Maths.
All students have access to a range of additional enrichment and recreational activities
• Specific IT skills
• Research skills
• Personal and practical skills and qualities
Likely next step opportunities:
Progression on to Level 3 courses, such as a BTEC Level 3 Creative Computing, A Levels or employment/apprenticeships
• Coursework is carried out through project work and external assessment.
• You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills in Maths, English and wider key skills