The Futures Programme has been developed to enable young adults with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities to develop their full potential in all areas of their life and to empower them to contribute to their local community and the world of work.
What does Futures Involve?
The Futures Programme runs over four days and features four themes:
• Community and Enterprise
• Core Skills and Vocational Skill Kit
• Work Experience
• Self Help and Independence
After completing their initial assessment and skills audit, learners will be matched to one of the following Pathways
• Basic Cooking and Food Preparation
• Waste Management, Recycling and Cleaning Services
In most cases learners will require an EHCP
Students choose an enrichment activity to support their skills in an alternative area within the local community.
* These options change annually
• There are no formal examinations unless students follow some Functional Skills modules
• Vocational Qualification following Pathway
• Supported living
• Supported employment
• Supported internship
• Voluntary work