Photography A Level
Do you want to communicate in a visual and creative way? This course will make you confident with film and digital photography. Experimentation is encouraged through practical lessons and gallery visits. Sketchbooks are used to record ideas and other artists work. Knowledge of photography is not essential, nor owning your own camera, just a passion for making your own images!
The photography department provides most of the equipment necessary. We expect all students to have their own digital camera. However this can be a digital compact camera. It does not need to be an expensive DSLR. You will also require an SD card or another type of storage device.
Minimum entry requirements:
• Five GCSEs at Level 4 – 9.
• Creative Portfolio for interview.
• A-Level Art and Design – Graphics
• A-Level Media Studies
Plus more academic subjects
• All students have access to our enrichment programme including: developing Photoshop skills, darkroom techniques and Printmaking
• Regular trips to galleries as well as foreign trips and London visits
Likely next step opportunities:
• For art students, to foundation and degree courses at art colleges
• Other Higher Education courses
The Personal Investigation and Externally Set Task are internally assessed and moderated before being externally moderated to verify marks.