Art & Design: Graphic A Level
If you are passionate about communicating using images and words this is the course for you! Graphic design combines creative and intellectual skills to communicate in visual ways. We will develop your skills in using images, photography and text both in traditional and digital ways. Advertising, packaging and promotion are all areas to which Graphic Design is crucial.
The course concerns visual communication in the real world through using 2 Dimensional Graphic Design.
A-Level – Two years
Minimum entry requirements:
• Five GCSEs at grade A* – C. A grade C or above in GCSE Art is advisable.
• Creative Portfolio for interview.
• Most A-Level subjects
• If combined with other creative A-Levels eg. Fine Art or Photography you increase your opportunities of gaining direct entry to creative degree courses
• All students have access to our enrichment programme
• Experimental Drawing, Printmaking, Photography, Digital Graphics
• Foreign trips and London visits to see Art, Design and Cultural Studies
Likely next step opportunities:
• Art college foundation courses
• Other Higher Education courses
The Personal Investigation and Externally Set Task are internally assessed and moderated before being externally moderated to verify marks.