Business BTEC Level 3
You may want to start your own business, manage a business or be like most people and end up working in some sort of business organisation in the future. This vocational qualification gives you the opportunity to study Business as a practical and topical subject drawing on both theory and case studies to help you understand how businesses operate. This course will help you make sense of business operations, the environment in which they operate and offer you a wide range of career opportunities.
You will study four units.
You will be assessed through coursework, building a portfolio of evidence demonstrating your knowledge of theory and practical aspects of business operations and external assessment.
Year 1 Units are:
• Exploring Business
• Developing a Marketing Campaign
Year 2 Units:
• Personal and Business Finance
• The English Legal System
A variety of assessment methods will be used including: research, data-response, case studies and practical tasks. A variety of classroom activities including individual and group work will be used to explore the world of business and its environment.
Minimum entry requirements:
• Five GCSEs at Level 4 – 9
• GCSE English and Maths at Level 4 or above is essential
• This subject is a very useful complement to any combination of AS/A level/BTEC National courses
• It can be taken with Enterprise and Employability, Mathematics
• Visits to local industries, Bank of England
• Possibly a visit abroad
• Carrying out calculations
• Interpreting and analysing data
• Applying knowledge
• Developing arguments and making judgements
• Identifying problems and proposing solutions
• Developing interpersonal skills
• Employer ability skills
Likely next step opportunities:
• Higher Education for degree/HND courses in a wide variety of business and economics degrees or you could specialise in an area you enjoy eg accounting, finance,
marketing, human resources
• Business or Economics degree combined with another subject
58% External assessment
42% Internal assessment