Business BTEC Level 3
The world of business offers a huge variety of careers and opportunities. This course is ideal for students with a keen interest in business, how it is developed and how businesses work, develop and make a profit The UK is the 5th largest economy in the world, consisting of various sized businesses and organisations operating across different sectors currently employing 33.4 million people with a value of £3 Million.
In the first year, your programme of study includes:
The business environment – learn the impact of the economic environment on businesses and understand how businesses are organised to achieve their purposes
Business resources – you’ll enhance your knowledge of how businesses function from a financial perspective. This will include looking at a variety of accounting, budgeting, expenses and payment models used by SMEs.
Marketing – you’ll get a deeper insight into promoting and marketing a business and understand different marketing techniques
Business students progress to careers in a huge range of different sectors and occupations, including customer services roles, marketing and communications, finance, sales and human resources. Many also choose to start their own businesses.
In addition, our courses will help you develop the wider skills that businesses look for including, for example, teamwork, communication and problem solving.
Minimum entry requirements:
Five GCSEs at Level 4 – 9 including maths or English or successful completion of a relevant Level 2 programme
This subject is a very useful complement to any combination of A-Level/BTEC National courses including Law, Criminology, IT and Sociology
• Visits to local and national attractions such as the Harry Potter studios and the Bank of England
• Opportunity for a European residential in Year 2
• Carrying out calculations
• Interpreting and analysing data
• Applying knowledge
• Developing arguments and making judgements
• Identifying problems and proposing solutions
Likely next step opportunities:
• Higher Education for degree/HND courses in a wide variety of business and economics degrees or you could specialise in an area you enjoy eg accounting, finance, marketing, human resources
• Business or Economics degree combined with another subject