Intro to Social Work
Who is this course for?
This course is for those who would like to make a difference in the lives of others and help them make informed choices about things that may affect them.
What will I achieve?
On this course you will cover:
• the definitions of social work and some of the skills needed to work within this sector
• the awareness of some of the barriers to communication and explore how these might be overcome
• a basic introduction to some of the theories and values of social work and how social workers understand people within their social context/environment
• safeguarding and how to spot types of abuse.
How will my progress be recorded?
Your tutor will work with you to complete a Learner Progress Form, this form will record your progress throughout the duration of the course.
Which related course(s) could I do next?
• Intro to Health & Social Care
• Intro to Child Psychology
• Intro to Counselling
• Level 1 Certificate – Level 1 Award In Preparing To Work In Adult Social Care & Level 1 Award In Introduction To Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s Settings
Nimrod Community Centre
17 Falcon Meadows Way
Time: 12.15 – 2.45 pm
Duration: 8 weeks
Start: 17 January 2018
HALF TERM – WEEK BEG 12 FEB
End: 14 March 2018
How to Enrol
Please telephone: 023 9252 5704
Alternatively, please call in to the Nimrod Centre:
17 Falcon Meadows Way, Gosport PO13 8AA
office opening hours Mon – Fri from 9.00 – 3.00 pm.
Email us: email@example.com
Social Media: StVincentOutThereProject
There is parking situated within Siskin School, through the school gates and to the left. The school gates may be closed during school start and finish, but not locked and can still be accessed. Parking is also available on the road outside the Centre – please do not park on the yellow zigzag lines.