This is a very creative course that aims to enable you to work with a broad range of media and use innovative techniques in your own original manner.
Emphasis is placed on how imaginative, intellectual and aesthetically composed your outcomes are. We will introduce you to advanced drawing and painting methods in individual and creative ways, as well as use print making and mixed media to extend your expressive possibilities.
The course aims to give you the confidence to develop as a creative individual and the chance to build a rich portfolio that will be ideal for higher education.
Portfolio development will cover:
- Drawing, painting and print making
- Exploration and analysis of artists’ work
- Idea development and compositional planning
- Independent research
- Experimentation with variety of media
- Development of considered approaches to creative thinking
- Planning, preparation and realisation of a project from given titles
- Howtodetermine individual directions and choices of subject matter and process
- Documentationresearch and creative processes
- Productionfinal pieces during mock exam conditionsas preparation for final assessment.
Year 2 – A-Level
Personal Investigation will cover: (60% of the A Level grade)
- Students making own choices of creative direction
- One major project
- Production ofa written Related study in the form of an illustrated essay that includes research and analysis of designers/artists worth 20% of marks
- Planning and preparation in creative and inventive ways
- Use a broad range of approaches which then focus into a final major piece worth 60% of A-Level grade
- Production of final art outcomes
Externally Set Task (40% of the A Level grade)
- Final major piece responding to set titles to be produced in15 hourexam worth 40% of final A-Level grade
- Continued skills acquisitionto develop professionally
If combined with other creative A-Levels Photography or Graphics or Film and Digital Arts, you will increase your opportunities of gaining direct entry to creative degree courses.
- All students have access to studio time during independent study
- Experimental Drawing, Printmaking, Photography, Digital Graphics
- Access to photographic studio, darkroom and MAC suites
- London visits to see Art, Design and Cultural Studies
Higher education studying Art based courses.
Five GCSEs at Grade 4 – 9.
Must include a Grade 4 in Art.
The Personal Investigation and Externally Set Task are internally assessed and moderated before being externally moderated to verify marks.