Painting and Decorating
The purpose of this qualification is to equip learners with the knowledge and understanding to progress into a job role in the industry.
This qualification provides learners with a range of painting and decorating skills and knowledge. Learners will also develop an understanding of the health and safety requirements for working in the construction industry, and the industry itself.
The course is in unit form and you will be expected to complete all units for the full qualification.
- Construction health and safety
- The construction industry
- Preparing surfaces for Decorating
- Apply Paint by brush and roller
- Apply standard coverings to walls and ceilings
- Produce Decorative Finishes
- Construction information, quantities and communications
An integral part of all of the units will be Health and Safety. Throughout the course you will be able to use your work as evidence for all areas. If you are the kind of person who enjoys using your hands and would like to develop these skills, this is the ideal course for you!
- Health & Safety
- Practical experience
- Use of equipment
- Leadership and Teamwork
This is a full-time course.
- Purposeful Work Experience & Community projects.
- Outside speakers from the painting, decorating and construction world
- Level 3 Painting and Decorating
- 5 GCSEs grade 2-9 including a grade 4 in Maths.
- Assessment portfolio
- Externally assessed examination
- Practical assessment