Health and Social Care
BTEC Level 3 Triple
The BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (Triple) forms part of our Pathway to Healthcare programme for those who are ambitious to work within the Healthcare sectors.
Progression into a variety of HE degrees including Nursing (Adult, Paediatric, Mental Health), Social Work, Paramedic Science, Occupational Therapy, Primary Education and highly valued Apprenticeship progression in the wide health and social care sector.
The Extended Diploma programme is ideal for candidates that prefer a coursework-based programme. Exams form a minor part of this course.
This is a triple BTEC qualification and will be your full programme at college.
Health & Social Care students develop to an outstanding level and become highly successful learners who are:
- Highly organised, compassionate, independent young people that add significant value to our community
- Committed and show willingness with a ‘have a go’ attitude
- Proud of the clear progression routes in the sector and wider industry
- Successful hardworking committed young people – tomorrow’s employees in our communities
Student’s undertake mandatory units in:
- Human Lifespan Development – externally assessed in year 1
- Working in Health and Social Care – externally assessed in year 1
- Anatomy and Physiology – externally assessed in year 2
- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care – externally assessed in year 2
- Meeting Individuals Care and Support Needs
- Work Experience in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Promoting Public Health
Plus a range of optional units which are chosen by staff and students
- Communication, oral and written, interpersonal, presentation skills
- Knowledge and practice of equality diversity and rights
- The principles of the care value base
- Understanding of the National Occupational Standards for the sector
This is a full-time programme.
- First Aid / AED qualification / DBS check are part of the course
- All students undertake the vocational work placement programme in year 1 and 2 weeks (100 hours)
- Visiting lecturers and professionals from Health, Social Work and Medical related fields
- Event days with the Universities of Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester and Winchester
Preparation for health and social care related employment, higher education, apprenticeships or degree programmes in Adult, Mental Health and Paediatric Nursing (BSc Hons), Social Work (BA Hons), Paramedic Science (BSc Hons), Primary Teacher (BA Hons).
You should be able to show that you have a standard of literacy, numeracy and general education equivalent to five GCSEs grade 4 – 9 including English; Maths GCSE grade 4 is preferable.
- Four exams over 2 years
- To achieve this qualification, you must complete and pass assignments for all units
- The grading for each unit will be Pass, Merit, Distinction