Level 3 Extended Certificate
Do you have a passion for performing, composing and developing musical ideas? Do you wish to create a career based on your creative skills and passion for music?
This course is designed for those who have a desire to become professional musicians. We link up with local and national promoters to run a course which has the same expectations as industry professionals. The key aim of our music programme is to develop you as a performer and offer you as many real world music opportunities as possible.
Our students take pride in performing at professional music festivals, recording studios and radio stations. They have gained value added results in the top 10% of the UK.
We also have great ties with University programs and as part of your course we will look in depth at your next steps as a musician. Visits to University open days and performances. Guest speakers and workshops from current University students and facilitators.
This will help you develop necessary skills to work in a wide range of music industry positions.
Music Performance Brief Learners will carry out a music performance and reflect on effectiveness of the performance in meeting the production plan. You will perform in a professional environment along-side top musicians.
Working and developing as an ensemble
- Plan, develop and perform as a musical ensemble.
- Understand key elements of how to be a successful musician.
Pop music in practice
- Learn about and perform material found in the backbone of the music recording industry from 1950 to the present day.
Music promotion and events management
- Help organise, promote and perform at local venues and festivals with opportunities for paid gigs and other music industry work.
Guitar amps – 100+ Watt Fender and Vox
Microphones – Rode and Shure
Drum Kits – Pearl and Gretsch/Cymbals – Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.
Instruments – Fender and Gibson Guitars, Yamaha Pianos, plus many more.
Sound system – Professional Performance PA System
Certificate – One year
Diploma – Two Years
- Five GCSEs at Grades 4 – 9
- Ability to play an instrument or sing at the equivalent of Grade 4 or above. You will also participate in an audition process.
- Music Technology
- Performing Arts
• St Vincent Music Festival
• Concerts and Festivals
• Radio Station visits
• University visits
• Numerous performance opportunities
• Studio visits
• Links to promoters, labels and venues
• Creative composition and arrangement
• Listening and analysis skills
• Performance and sight reading skills
• Oral and written discussion
• Teamwork and independent work
- Higher Education courses in Music, Performing Arts or combined subjects
- Music college
- Other degree courses
Coursework, practical assessments and concerts and externally set tests