Applied Science Level 2
The Principles of Applied Science Award covers the key scientific principles vital for both scientists and citizens of the future. It develops and exemplifies principles in applied and vocational contexts, leading to an understanding of how the principles are applied in practice.
This course involves a mixture of practical work and theories and supports knowledge gained at GCSE.
- Unit 1: Principles of Science – external assessment
- Unit 2: Chemistry and Our Earth – internal assessment
- Unit 3: Energy and Our Universe – external assessment
- Unit 4: Biology and Our Environment – internal assessment to be taken alongside Maths and/or English GCSE
A mixture of theory and practical work will be taken.
- Firm understanding of Health and Safety issues
- Designing experiments
- Processing results and problem solving
GCSE Maths and other level 2 combinations.
On to Level 3 Applied Science.
Must have 5 GCSE grade 3 or above.
75 % Coursework