Level 2 and Level 3
This is an exciting challenging award. The course will provide you with the opportunity to develop your communication, planning and organisational skills. You will gain a sound knowledge of sports related issues and apply this knowledge during the delivery of your practical lessons. This is an ideal award if you are seeking employment in the Sports & Leisure industry. You will learn to plan, deliver and review practical sessions to a local junior school.
The course is a combination of theory and practical lessons. This course is part of the BTEC Level 2 and BTEC Level 3 extended diploma sport course, as well as being available for all students across college.
The Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership consists of several units of work including 10 hours demonstration of leadership.
Developing leadership skills
Plan, lead and evaluate sport/physical activity sessions
Assist in planning and leading a sport/physical activity event
Lead sport/physical activity sessions in the community
Sports Leaders UK
• This course is part of the BTEC Level 2 and BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport courses
• This course is open to all across the college curriculum
• You will learn a wide variety of sports within lessons, as well as have the opportunity to play on one of the College sports teams
• As part of the course you will learn how to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons, and will help plan and deliver sessions to a local primary school
• A variety of research skills
• How to work in a group and as an individual
• Communication and organisation skills
Level 3 Certificate in Higher Sports Leadership (if you have successfully completed the level 2 award in Community Sports Leadership, have a complete folder, filled in your log book and completed 10 voluntary hours)
• Observation and assessment of practical leadership skills by the course tutor and verified by an appropriate person
• Course File completion
• Completion of Log Book
• 10 hours Voluntary Experience in the Community
• Recognised HSE First Aid Certificate
• Apply for our BTEC Level 2 and BTEC Level 3 extended diploma in sport course, and during your interview, let us know that you’d like to enrol in our Community Sports Leadership course.
• Call to chat about this course on 02392 588 311