This is an exciting challenging award. The course will provide you with the opportunity to develop your communication, planning and organisational skills. You will gain a sound knowledge of sports related issues and apply this knowledge during the delivery of your practical lessons. This is an ideal award if you are seeking employment in the Sports & Leisure industry. You will learn to plan, deliver and review practical sessions to a local junior school.
The course is a combination of theory and practical lessons and part of the Level 3 sport course, as well as being available for students across college.
The Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership consists of several units of work including 10 hours demonstration of leadership.
Developing leadership skills
Plan, lead and evaluate sport/physical activity sessions
Assist in planning and leading a sport/physical activity event
Lead sport/physical activity sessions in the community
Sports Leaders UK
- A variety of research skills
- How to work in a group and as an individual
- Communication and organisation skills
- This course is part of Level 3 in Sport.
- This course is open to all across the college curriculum
You will learn a wide variety of sports within lessons, as well as have the opportunity to play in one of the College Sports Teams. College currently have a Men’s Football Team, GBFC Elite Team, and a Netball Team.
As part of this course all students must complete the NCS (National Citizenship Scheme) during October/November in year 1. This is free and consists of a week’s residential, involving activities such as surfing, coasteering and high ropes, followed by a social action project. This is compulsory and contributes towards your CTEC grade.
Level 3 Certificate in Leadership
- Observation and assessment of practical leadership skills by the course tutor and verified by an appropriate person
- Course File completion
- Completion of Log Book
- 10 hours Voluntary Experience in the Community
- Recognised HSE First Aid Certificate