CTECH Level 3 Triple
This is equivalent to three A Levels. It is a two-year, full-time course that is ideal for those that want to go into the sports industry or study a sports degree at university.
As part of the course you will also take part in Leadership Level 2, with the option of progress onto Leadership Level 3 in year 2.
- Body Systems and the Effects of Physical Activity
- Sport Coaching and Activity Leadership
- Sports Organisation and Development
- Working Safely in Sport, Exercise, Health and Leisure
- Organisation of Sports Events
- Physical Activity for Specific Groups
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Practical Skills in Sport and Physical Activity
- Performance Analysis in Sport
- Group Exercise to Music
- Improving Fitness for Sport and Physical Activity
- Nutrition and Diet for Sport and Exercise
- Health and Fitness for Sport and Exercise
- Working in Active Leisure Facilities
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Sport and Exercise Sociology
- The Business of Sport
Unit 1 – Body Systems and the Effects of Physical Activity
Unit 2 – Sport Coaching and Activity Leadership
Unit 3 – Sports Organisation and Development
Unit 4 – Working Safely in Sport, Exercise, Health and Leisure
Unit 8 – Organisation of Sports Events
Unit 11 – Physical Activity for Specific Groups
Unit 17 – Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
Unit 18 – Practical Skills in Sport and Physical Activity
Unit 5 – Performance Analysis in Sport
Unit 6 – Group Exercise to Music
Unit 7 – Improving Fitness for Sport and Physical Activity
Unit 12- Nutrition and Diet for Sport and Exercise
Unit 13 – Health and Fitness for Sport and Exercise
Unit 14 – Working in Active Leisure Facilities
Unit 19 – Sport and Exercise Psychology
Unit 20 – Sport and Exercise Sociology
Unit 21 – The Business of Sport
Two years (you must pass all your Year 1 units in order to progress to Year 2) and pass CSL.
• ICT skills, as all coursework will be word processed
• You will also learn how to use PowerPoint, Publisher, Microsoft 365
• You will learn a variety of research skills as well as how to work in a group and as an individual and how to lead coaching sessions
This is a full-time course in its own right. You will also study Community Sports Leaders Award in year 1, and Higher Sports Leaders Award in year 2.
You will learn a wide variety of sports within lessons, as well as have the opportunity to play in one of the College Sports Teams. College currently have a Men’s Football Team, GBFC Elite Team, and a Netball Team.
As part of this course all students must complete the NCS (National Citizenship Scheme) during October/November in year 1. This is free and consists of a week’s residential, involving activities such as surfing, coasteering and high ropes, followed by a social action project. This is compulsory and contributes towards your CTEC grade.
- Higher Education – degrees in sport eg. PE Teaching, Coaching, Sports Therapy, Sports Science, Exercise Referral and Sports Development
- Employment in the Sports Industry
Five GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, ideally with Grade 4 or above for Maths and English.
- Internally assessed coursework utilising a “live project brief” approach
- Externally assessed exams
- Year 1: 8 units (3 externally assessed exams)
- Year 2: 9 units (1 externally assessed exam)
- Each unit is graded as a Pass, Merit or Distinction