Who is this course for?
Having the ability to respond well to adversity and adapt to change is what we think of as resilience. Developing resilience skills especially in the current climate has many benefits for our mental wellbeing. Being resilient isn’t about pushing through, or carrying on regardless of how you feel; it’s about building greater self-awareness and coping strategies for the long term.
Through a supportive, uplifting approach students will learn a range of emotional intelligence tools and techniques for building resilience.
This introductory course is suitable for anyone who is interested in strengthening their resilience. No previous knowledge is necessary, just a willingness to learn!
Learning materials and tasks will be sent via weekly email and assessed by the tutor who will be available for online support. In addition optional zoom sessions can be facilitated.
By the end of this course students will be able to:
- Express a deeper understanding of what resilience is and the role it plays in long term wellbeing.
- Apply strategies and techniques to strengthen own resilience levels.
- Re-call the 5 pillars of resilience (Self -awareness, core values, self-compassion, change management, Growth mind-set)
- Identify barriers to building resilience
- Demonstrate at least three tools or techniques for building resilience
Weekly learning resources and tasks will be emailed directly to you. Optional zoom sessions may also be facilitated if required.
In order to meet your learning objectives, each week, you will be presented with questions or a task to complete which your tutor will provide you with feedback on.
We run a number of other FREE wellbeing courses including:
- De-stressing and Mindfulness
- Developing Self-Esteem
- Everyday Assertiveness
All information is correct at the time of publication but may be subject to change.