Would you like to study Creative Writing at the equivalent of Level 2? Have you taken our Introduction to Creative Writing five week course and would now like to progress onto the next level?
This course is part of our Elevate programme, and can be taken as an individual course or alongside other courses on the programme.
This ten week course will introduce you to a range of key concepts, theories and perspectives in the creative writing discipline. Most importantly, this course will provide you with an arena in which to practise and develop your creative approaches and to share your work with other budding creative people.
Topics may include:
• Exploration of the demands of different genres
• How to keep a creative writing journal
• Consideration of a range of writing styles for a range of audiences
• Identifying possible outlets for sharing your creative writing
• Organising an ‘Open Mic’ creative writing event in order to showcase your work
The course will also include a foundation in academic study skills appropriate to this level, which will provide valuable preparation for further study, including the Access to HE Diploma course.
Time: 12.30-2.30 pm
Duration: 10 Weeks
Starting: 16th January 2019
Finishing: Wednesday 27th March 2019