ADULT COMMUNITY COLLEGE
The Adult Community College offer a wide range of courses to adults aged 19 plus and who are looking to upskill, retrain, enhance employability prospects or simply to build confidence to get back into education or employment.
We also offer short, just for fun courses. Courses begin and run throughout the year, so it’s never too late to start your next chapter with us.
Learning opportunities include:
- Upskilling and Retraining
- CPD and Staff Development
- Hobbies and Interests
- Recreational and Pleasure
- Mental Health and Well-being
- Accredited and non-Accredited
- Many, many more
Support is available for individuals who are employed and on a low income, as well as if you are unemployed.
- Level 1 & Level 2 Qualifications are eligible for funding if you are on a low wage (under £18,525) or in receipt of means tested benefits. [Funding available via Adult Education Budget]
- Level 3 Qualifications are eligible for funding if you are on a low wage (under £18,525) or are yet to achieve a full level 3 qualification. [Funding available via Adult Education Budget or National Skills Fund] If you are not eligible for funding, you may be able to take out an Advanced Learner Loan.
- Level 4 & Level 5 Qualifications can be self-funded or you may be able to take out an Advanced Learner Loan.
- Community Learning Funding – Please look at our Pound Plus Policy.
Information and Guidance
We can provide information, advice and guidance to individuals or employers.
The Light House Learning Trust
Our adult courses are delivered at both St Vincent College’s, waterside campus that overlooks Portsmouth Harbour, and our Richard Taunton’s campus . We also deliver short courses at community hubs across the region.
Entry requirements may vary from course to course (please see the individual course pages for more information), please note that you must be aged 19 or over to be eligible to study any adult learning courses, there is no upper age limit!
There has never been a better time to upskill, and we are proud to be part of the economic recovery and growth by delivering fully accredited and nationally recognised qualifications to our communities. We have knowledgeable, industry- competent staff on hand to upskill our adult community, enhance your career prospects and provide business support to increase sustainability by developing skilled workforces.
Interested in our upskilling offer and achieving skills for life?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 603 606
Are you a business looking to retrain or upskill your staff?
Please email email@example.com or call 02392 603 616