WHAT DOES THIS COURSE COVER?
Would you like to become an LSA, would you like to understand the importance of supporting within a classroom? Or even to understand how your children are supported in a classroom environment? This course is designed to provide you with an insight into being a classroom assistant.
You will learn:
- How to support pupils to engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity so that they can become independent learners
- How to support the social and emotional development of pupils
- How to support the teacher to promote positive behavior in children, that display challenging behaviour
- How to support pupils with additional learning needs.
- How to observe and monitor pupils in the learning environment
- How to listen to pupils read and read to pupils as a class, group, or one-to-one
- How to monitor and record pupils’ progress and provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers
- How to carry out administrative duties, such as preparing the classroom and clearing away after class to ensure effective teaching is taking place
- Understand Safeguarding and emotional well-being
- Understand how to make resources for teachers and pupils.
4 Week Course
Upon completion of this course, you may like to progress to other accredited related courses that we offer at St Vincent College.