This course will offer students the opportunity to develop the fundamental skills required to enter the world of work.
The curriculum incorporates the following:
• Work based learning/community projects
• Developing speaking and listening skills
• Independence skills in the home and community
• Preparation for work (Personal presentation)
• Introduction to business (including team skills)
• Functional skills.
The work skills course is a good stepping stone towards a Supported Internship, or a suitable option for students who have finished exploring appropriate vocational subjects within The School of personalised Learning.